Register your nyc domain today!
Want to register several domains, why not use our bulk registration tool?
Why Register? .nyc
.NYC is the new domain name extension for New Yorkers.
WHO WILL OWN A .NYC DOMAIN?
* Any New Yorker who's work, ideas and creativity are based in the City.
* Locals who provide services, products or content to fellow New Yorkers.
* Companies, organizations and individuals wishing to showcase the value of their location online.
Proxy Registration Policy
.NYC does not allow use of proxy, private or anonymous domain name registrations.
The Registry Operator employs an algorithm to detect the inadvertent or intentional registration of proxy, anonymous and/or private domain name registrations, and enforces a Registrar’s obligation to not offer such services to .NYC domain name registrants.
The City of New York desires to have only those individuals or entities having a substantive and lawful connection to the City be permitted to register for .NYC domain names ("Nexus Policy").
Registrants in .NYC must be either:
* a natural person whose primary place of domicile is a valid physical address in the City of New York; or
* an entity or organization that has a physical street address in the City of New York.
The existence of a P.O. Box address in the City of New York shall not qualify for purposes of meeting the Nexus Policy.
Registrants must agree that they are in compliance with all relevant Federal, New York State and New York City laws, including the tax requirements for conducting business via the Internet. Registrants may find more information about compliance with the City tax laws at the City of New York Department of Finance’s website (currently at www.nyc.gov/finance).
Registrants must remain in compliance with the applicable Nexus requirements for the entire period of such domain name’s registration by the registrant.
Registrants may not license, sub-delegate or otherwise transfer .NYC domain names to third parties that otherwise fail to meet the requirements of this Nexus Policy.
.nyc prices preview